- Gain flexibility, simplicity and enterprise-class functionality in a 24-port, 1U form factor, entry-level switch
- Scale from 12 to 24 ports using ports-on-demand capabilities
- Maximize resiliency with non-disruptive software upgrades and redundant power supply
- Streamline deployment and troubleshooting time with dynamic fabric provisioning, critical monitoring and advanced diagnostic features
- Simplify server connectivity and SAN scalability with dual functionality as either a full-fabric SAN switch or an N_Port ID virtualization (NPIV)-enabled access gateway
- Gain capabilities for advanced monitoring, diagnostics, reliability, availability, serviceability and redundancy
- Ensure early problem detection and recovery with critical diagnostics and monitoring
- Achieve a comprehensive end-to-end view of the entire fabric with non-intrusive and non-disruptive monitoring on every port
To keep pace with growing business demands, data centers are transitioning to highly virtualized, private cloud storage environments. This approach enables organizations to consolidate and simplify their IT resources, resulting in increased business agility and lower capital and operating expenses. But virtualization is not without its challenges. Data centers must keep up with the explosive data growth and dynamic changes driven by virtualized workloads. Selecting the right network is key to realizing the full benefits of these cloud-based architectures.
The IBM System Networking SAN24B-5 switch is designed to provide outstanding price and performance value, combining flexibility, simplicity, 16 Gbps Fibre Channel technology and enterprise-class functionality in an entry-level switch. The SAN24B-5 is configurable in 12 or 24 ports and supports 2, 4, 8 or 16 Gbps speeds in an efficiently designed 1U form factor. Base unit includes one (249824G/2498-X24) or two (2498-F24) integrated power supplies and fans. A second power supply provides additional redundancy for increased resiliency.
Get the data sheet here