Pixar’s Oren Jacob and Galyn Susman recount how the files for Toy Story 2 were almost lost due to an accidental Linux command and bad backup. It’s probably a little over-dramatized from what actually happened, but is a good reminder to back up your important files!
How Pixar almost lost Toy Story 2 to a bad Backup
Posted by rogerluethy on May 15, 2012
Search this Blog
- @elonden thanks Erwin ! 2 days ago
- @fabiorapposelli thanks Fabio ! 2 days ago
- @elonden 1 Backup to go ;-) 2 days ago
- @Zyrober good one ;-) 2 days ago
- @Zyrober Mountain hiking.. Way up on foot.. Way down with a Emergency Chopper. Out of order for 6 Weeks at least. 2 days ago
- IBM DS Windows (x86) Storage Manager version 10.83.x5.18
- ALUA (asymmetric logical unit access)
- Nimble Storage vs Netapp
- IBM Storwize V3700 delivers SAS host attachment support, advanced functions, and new disk drive options
- What is T10-PI ?
- IBM Storwize V3700 Easy-to-use, affordable storage with advanced capabilities for small and midsize businesses
- IBM Storage Manager Simulator (DS3K/4K/5K)
- IBM DS Windows (x64) Storage Manager version 10.83.x5.23
- IBM Storage Provider for VMware VASA, Version 1.1.1
- IBM V7000 & XIV Visio Stencil
TagsAIX Alert backup Big Data Brocade cloud Code DCS3700 DS3000 ds4000 ds5000 DS8000 DS8870 EMC Firmware Flash HDD Hydra ibm IBM FlashSystem ibm redbooks IBM System Storage Microsoft nand NetApp Performance ProtecTIER Redbook san ssd storage Storwize SVC tape TMS TS7700 tsm V3500 V3700 V7000 vmware VTS Whitepaper Withdrawal XIV
IBM Storage Product Links
“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.” – Stephen Hawking
FCoTR rules !
- 384,784 hits since July 2010