The IBM® Storwize® V7000 disk system delivers high performance, advanced function, high availability, and modular and scalable storage capacity:
- Supports RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, and 10
- Provides SAN-attached 8 Gbps Fibre Channel (FC), 1 Gigabit Ethernet(GbE), and 10 GbE iSCSI host connectivity
- Accommodates up to twenty-four 2.5-inch disk drives or twelve 3.5-inch disk drives installed within the IBM Storwize V7000 Control Enclosure
- Includes attachment support for up to nine IBM Storwize V7000 Expansion Enclosures, providing modular and highly scalable storage solutions that range up to 240 TB physical storage capacity, and 480 TB physical storage capacity in a clustered system
- Supports intermixing of SAS drives, nearline SAS drives, and solid-state drives within the IBM Storwize V7000 Control Enclosures and the IBM Storwize V7000 Expansion Enclosures
- Includes IBM Easy Tier® technology for automatically moving heavily used data extents onto high-performance storage devices
- Supports attachment of other storage devices via the FC interface just as the SAN Volume Controller (SVC)
- Supports a complete set of SVC functions, including FlashCopy® , RemoteCopy, volume mirroring, and thin provisioning
IBM Storwize V7000 is designed to improve storage efficiency by compressing data by as much as 80% through supported real-time compression for block storage, enabling up to five times as much data to be stored in the same physical disk space. Unlike other approaches to compression, IBM Real-time Compression is designed to be used with active primary data such as production databases and email systems, dramatically expanding the range of candidate data that can benefit from compression. As its name implies, IBM Real-time Compression operates as data is written to disk avoiding the need to store uncompressed data while awaiting compression.
Data mobility has been enhanced with greater flexibility for nondisruptive volume moves. Previous versions of Storwize V7000 provided the ability to move volumes nondisruptively within the dual controllers in one enclosure. Storwize V7000 now supports moving volumes anywhere within a clustered system while avoiding disruption of host access to storage.
IBM Storwize V7000 provides increased scalability and performance with four-way clustered systems. Storwize V7000 now supports clustered systems with up to four control enclosures, nearly doubling maximum capacity and performance of a Storwize V7000 system.
Storwize V7000 systems with 10Gbps Ethernet ports now support attachment to next-generation Converged Enhanced Ethernet (CEE) networks using Fiber Channel over Ethernet (FCoE). This support enables connecting Storwize V7000 to servers for host attachment and to other Storwize V7000 systems for clustering or for mirroring using FC or FCoE interfaces using these networks. The same ports may also be used for iSCSI server connections.
See the announcement letter here