Version 3.9 introduces the following:
- Capacity Planner1: The Capacity Planner tool provides planning information for compression rates on uncompressed shares.
- Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6): IPv6 is a version of the Internet Protocol (IP) intended to succeed IPv4, which is the protocol currently used to direct almost all Internet traffic.
IBM Real-time Compression Software V3.9 uses RACE technology which enables data compression to be:
- Real-time, designated to safeguard against performance degradation.
- Random access to help prevent impact to downstream processes such as data deduplication.
- The report generated by capacity planner uses estimates and should be used for informational purposed only. Actual compression rates will vary depending on the nature of the actual data stored on the systems.
- See the announcement letter here