This IBM® Redpaper™ publication is a comprehensive guide that covers the IBM Power 795 server that supports IBM AIX®, IBM i, and Linux operating systems. The goal of this paper is to introduce the innovative Power 795 offering and its major functions:
- IBM POWER7® processor, available at frequencies of 3.7 GHz and 4.0 GHz with TurboCore options of 4.25 GHz and 4.31 GHz
- Specialized POWER7 Level 3 cache that provides greater bandwidth, capacity, and reliability
- IBM PowerVM® virtualization, including PowerVM Live Partition Mobility and PowerVM IBM Active Memory™ Sharing
- TurboCore mode that delivers the highest performance per core
- Enhanced reliability, accessibility, and serviceability (RAS) features that are designed for maximum availability
- Active Memory Expansion that provides more usable memory than what is physically installed on the system
- IBM EnergyScale™ technology that provides features such as power trending, power-saving, capping of power, and thermal measurement
Professionals who want to acquire a better understanding of IBM Power Systems™ products can benefit from reading this paper.
This paper complements the available set of IBM Power Systems documentation by providing a desktop reference that offers a detailed technical description of the Power 795 system.
This paper does not replace the latest marketing materials and configuration tools. It is intended as an additional source of information that, together with existing sources, can be used to enhance your knowledge of IBM server solutions.