From Mr.SVC himself 🙂 Barry Whyte (thank you !)
IBM Storwize V7000 Unified V1.3.0 delivers file storage to its powerful, easy-to-use midrange disk system. Storwize V7000 Unified is a block and file storage system with a tightly integrated management console. The Unified console is designed to simplify storage administration with a single user interface and common command-line interface (CLI). Customers can benefit from greater flexibility for provisioning of storage resources with its support of NFS, CIFS, FTP, HTTPS, SCP file protocols, and greater over all capacity utilization with the existing block functions of the Storwize V7000. Storwize V7000 Unified provides file replication and file-level snapshots for business continuity and disaster recovery. Customers are able to deploy a broader set of applications from within a single storage system, especially in shared storage environments.
The Storwize V7000 Unified system includes the local capabilities of IBM Active Cloud Engine, which is designed to deliver policy-based management of files to reduce costs through use of tiered storage, and improve data governance. For example, Active Cloud Engine policies can be used to move less frequently used data to lower-cost tiers of storage, including tape in an IBM Tivoli® Storage Manager system. Active Cloud Engine policies can also be used to automatically delete unwanted or expired data.
IBM Storwize V7000 Unified integration with McAfee and Symantec Antivirus is designed to provide the ability to isolate or delete compromised files, and leverage the most commonly deployed ISV antivirus applications.
- Extended distance split-cluster configurations – up to 300km – allowing data mobility and migration at metro cluster distances. (SVC ONLY !)
- New snapshot based replication, for greater flexibility at global mirror distances (greater balancing of network bandwidth vs RPO)
- Enhancements to the external virtualization fabric attachment – round robin port utilisation across multiple paths to storage that is being virtualized
- Enhanced user interface performance statistics collection – ability to delve further into the details of the real time performance data in the new unified GUI.
- Native LDAP support
- Enhanced storage interop – XIV Gen3, HP 3PAR, Violin Flash Memory Systems, new Fujistu Eternus, Bull StoreWay and TMS RAMSAN versions.