The Cisco MDS 9710 Multilayer Director for IBM® System Networking with new 16 Gbps Fibre Channel (FC) technology offers an enterprise-class solution for large virtualized data centers or cloud installations that require high-performance, scalable, and reliable low-latency storage area networks. The new 9710-E08 model offers maximum investment protection by:
- Introducing a 48-port 16 Gbps FC module capable to auto-negotiate with existing 2, 4, and 8 Gbps FC speeds based on host or storage connectivity
- Supporting fully redundant configurations with two supervisor and six fabric modules, and up to eight power supplies
- Leveraging Cisco MDS NX-OS 6.2.1, a common software platform across the entire Cisco MDS 9000 Family
- Integrating MDS 9700 DCNM to simplifies management across multiple switches and fabrics
Cisco MDS 9710 Multilayer Director is designed to meet enterprise data center and SAN scalability requirements while managing total cost of ownership. To meet such requirements, model 9710-E08 is designed to deliver:
- Performance: Cisco MDS 9710 offers industry-leading port densities of up to 384 16 Gb FC ports per chassis, 1.5 terabits per second (Tbps) FC performance per slot, up to 24 Tbps FC line rate, nonblocking system-level switching, unparalleled functionality with intelligent fabric services, virtual storage area networks (VSANs) for consolidating individual physical SAN islands while maintaining logical boundaries, and Inter-VSAN Routing (IVR) for sharing resources across VSANs.
- Reliability: MDS 9710 is designed to provide an outstanding level of availability and reliability. MDS 9710 is a director class switch to enable redundancy on all major components including fabric modules. It provides Grid Redundancy on power supply and 1+1 redundant supervisors. Users can add an additional fabric card to enable N+1 Fabric Redundancy.
- Flexibility: MDS 9710 is designed to combine nondisruptive software upgrades, stateful process restart and failover, and full redundancy of all major components for best-in-class availability. With up to 24 Tbps of FC system bandwidth and 384 2/4/8/16-Gbps Full Line Rate autosensing FC ports in a single chassis, Cisco MDS 9710 can scale to meet the requirements of the largest data center storage environments.
Get more details here