IBM FlashSystem™ V840 is the newest addition to the FlashSystem™ family of storage systems. Leveraging IBM® Storwize® software functions, management tools, and interoperability, FlashSystem V840 is designed to combine the extreme performance of the unique FlashSystem architecture functions of software-defined storage to deliver performance, efficiency, and functionality that help address the needs of enterprise workloads demanding MicroLatency™ response times.
For additional information on FlashSystem V840 hardware, refer to Hardware Announcement ZG14-0020, dated February 11, 2014, IBM FlashSystem V840 offers performance and advanced features for demanding enterprise workloads.
IBM FlashSystem V840 Software version 7 delivers the following capabilities for FlashSystem V840 hardware systems:
- Virtualization of FlashSystem V840 Storage Enclosures to enable rapid, flexible provisioning and simple configuration changes
- FlashCopy® to create instant copies of data for backup or application testing
- Thin provisioning for improved storage utilization
- One-way data migration to easily move data onto FlashSystem V840
- Innovative GUI management capabilities
- Extensive interoperability with support for most major server platforms and operating systems
FlashSystem V840 software also offers a rich set of optional features:
- Real-time Compression™ for up to five times as much data storage in the same physical space, depending on the type of data stored
- Remote mirroring for data replication between systems at different locations through Metro Mirror and Global Mirror functions
- Virtualization of external storage to improve administrator productivity and boost storage utilization, extending the value of an existing storage asset
Planned Availability : 7. March 2014
See more details here