We talk with Robert Murphy, IBM storage guru, about how the data explosion is revealing crippling weaknesses in traditional RAID data protection mechanisms. We discuss the problem, and IBM’s solution – their GPFS file system and new GPFS storage server.
Is Traditional RAID Dead?
Posted by rogerluethy on May 22, 2014
Search this Blog
- RT @BillGates: What if sunlight could power your car? That’s the dream of this @Caltech professor and his research team. https://t.co/60YxT… 4 hours ago
- RT @nixcraft: I love this style of coding ;) Lol. #agile #programming #devops https://t.co/ztKgTIKgUj 6 hours ago
- RT @johnobeto: Why the Microsoft Gods may own the Mount Olympus of how data centers develop diginomica.com/2017/03/10/mic… 6 hours ago
- RT @WesternDigiDC: How to leverage #Flash Storage to Accelerate the Future of Science? Read more - sndk.co/60118kF2b #storage https://… 7 hours ago
- RT @SearchStorageTT: #HCI vendors would like to integrate network features with #storage, compute and virtualization, but ... https://t.co/… 7 hours ago
- IBM System Storage DS Manager version 10.86.x5.43
- What is T10-PI ?
- IBM DS Storage Manager version 10.84.x5.36
- IBM DS Windows (x64) Storage Manager version 10.83.x5.23
- IBM DS Windows (x86) Storage Manager version 10.83.x5.18
- IBM Storwize RAS Business Advantage Calculator
- IBM DS8700 - DS8800 Comparsion
- Evolution of Flash Memory
- QoS on IBM SVC and IBM Storwize V7000
- TS7700 Maintenance Release Letter - 188.8.131.52 (2.1 PGA6)
- 878,174 hits since July 2010
Storage CH Archive