The IBM® Storwize® V7000 disk system delivers high performance, advanced function, high availability, and modular and scalable storage capacity through the following enhancements:
- Larger drives increase the maximum internal capacity of all Storwize family systems by 33% (1.2 TB versus 900 GB SFF and 4 TB versus 3 TB LFF)
- The ability to use Real-time Compression™ and Easy Tier® together enables users to get high performance and high efficiency together at the same time
- Scalability enhancements that allow the Storwize Software family to handle larger configurations with more hosts using more volumes with more virtual machines
- 1024 hosts per I/O group: Four times previous number
- 2048 volumes per host: Four times previous number
- 2048 WWPNs per I/O group: Four times previous number
Storwize V7000 Unified Cloud Data Management Interface (CDMI) provides CDMI object storage support for cloud-friendly, industry-standard implementation leveraging Storwize V7000 advantages for one of the fastest growing uses of storage.
IBM Storwize Family Software for Storwize V7000 disk system helps address midrange or departmental storage requirements. Each IBM Storwize V7000 disk system operates using IBM Storwize Family Software for Storwize V7000 software V7.1. IBM Storwize Family Software for Storwize V7000 V7. IBM Storwize V7000 supports RAID levels 0, 1, 5, 6, and 10. The IBM Storwize V7000 disk system is designed to deliver up to two times the IOP performance increase over competitive offerings. It also leverages SAN Volume Controller (SVC) technology and represents a new generation architecture within the midrange disk family.
IBM Storwize Family Software for Storwize V7000 software V7 features the same functionality and capabilities of the IBM Storwize Family Software for SVC V7. For further information about the new software capabilities introduced on the IBM Storwize Family Software for SVC, refer to the announcements listed in the Reference information section.
IBM Storwize Family Software for Storwize V7000 Unified delivers enhanced file storage capabilities for this advanced midrange disk system. Storwize V7000 Unified is a block and file storage system with tightly integrated management that helps simplify storage administration with a single user interface and common command-line interface (CLI). Customers can benefit from greater flexibility for provisioning of storage resources with its support of NFS, CIFS, FTP, HTTPS, and SCP file protocols, and greater overall capacity utilization with the existing block functions of the Storwize V7000. Storwize V7000 Unified provides file replication and file-level snapshots for business continuity and disaster recovery. Customers are able to deploy a broader set of applications from within a single storage system, especially in shared storage environments.
IBM Storwize V7000 Unified is designed to improve storage efficiency by including real-time compression of data. Compression on Storwize V7000 Unified volumes enables storing up to five times as much data in the same physical disk space, depending on the type of application data stored.
Refer to the announcements listed in the Reference information section for more information about IBM Storwize V7000 Unified.
In addition to the basic IBM Storwize V7000 software V7, the following licensed products are also available:
- IBM Storwize Family Software for Storwize V7000 Remote Mirroring software to license the use of remote copy
- IBM Storwize Family Software for Storwize V7000 External Virtualization software to license the use of IBM Storwize Family Software for Storwize V7000 virtualization capabilities (like SVC) for external storage devices
- IBM Storwize Family Software for Storwize V7000 Real-time Compression software to license the use of IBM Storwize Family Software for Storwize V7000 compression capabilities, like SVC
Refer to the Description section for details about each.
See more details here