What are the supported FICON Director and Channel Extender Configurations for the TS7700?
The table below is the matrix of FICON directors and switches supported with the TS7700.
- Suppport is for use between the host and the TS7700
- 1 level of cascading (2 directors) is supported
- No intermix of vendors
- Maximum distance supported is 100km (62 miles) for all vendors/models (3000 miles for FICON accelerators – see notes below table)
- Switches must be set to Auto-Negotiate
- Contact vendors to determine which products are appropriate for use with channel extenders
- Listing in this matrix is not intended to extend any support listed in other IBM letters or publications.
Note: ‘FTA’ refers to Ficon Tape Acceleration feature.
See more details here